Yesterday (Day 26) – I decided I am going to start and prioritize my physical healing journey by focusing on eating only healing (and detoxifying) foods from here on until the healing journey is complete. I am aiming for close to no exceptions. I have a lot of a little things (mostly physical) going on with me that I am getting very frustrated with. After a couple visits with my chiropractor and massage therapist – I kept hearing ‘it’s your stomach.’ I spoke to my father in law, who is a natural healer and when I suggested that I should probably do a juice cleanse to clear up some of the little but annoying pains I was feeling, he was very happy that I was already aware of how I can heal my problems naturally. I strongly believe that food is medicine.
Day 26 Diet Journal
- Juice (orange lemon beet carrot celery)
- Mulberries – eaten fresh from my backyard
- Dinner: baked mini potatoes (no oil) but with ketchup, roasted mushrooms, roasted bell peppers, also made roasted onions which I didn’t like very much + some champagne (mostly natural – just need to finish consuming the already opened bottle in my fridge and I will save this drinking champagne for special occasions only going forward)
- A couple chocolate chips to satisfy my chocolate cravings
Other than the fact that I ate too much dinner (because it was just so delicious), I feel very happy about how I felt all day. I felt very light and that makes me happy. The only processed food consumed was ketchup (which I will never give up but I am okay with eating in small quantities unless I learn that it’s terrible for you).
Okay – I just googled ‘healing properties of ketchup’ and look at what I found:
‘In 1834, ketchup was sold as a cure for indigestion by an Ohio physician named John Cook. Tomato ketchup was popularized as a condiment commercially in the late 1800’s and today Americans purchases 10 billion ounces of ketchup annually’.
‘Aside from any major health benefits, tomato ketchup is undeniably a tasty, low-calorie condiment that is fat-free and contains vitamins A and C. It may not be the miracle cure Dr. Bennett touted it as, but certainly compared to other popular condiments — looking at you, mayonnaise! — ketchup is a healthier option’.
The other processed foods consumed were champagne and chocolate chips – foods I will also allow myself to consume occasionally in small quantities. It is a delicious all natural flavour drink and the chocolate chips are also natural (and dairy free) with just a bit of sugar which is okay.
I will be back later to write some more. I am getting very frustrated with writing posts because the bottom half is greyed out background rather than plain white which is very distracting and I don’t know how to fix it. Ah!! Any help anyone?
Okay the distracting background still exists but I found a way to make it work.
Day 26 steps: 6,840 (no excuse other than laziness)
Day 27 Diet Journal
- Banana shake with banana and almond milk (bought from whole foods – all natural ingredients)
- 2 apples
- Lunch: baked potatoes, roasted peppers, roasted mushrooms, steamed sprouted black beans
- Evening party snacks: whole grain tortilla chips with some salsa, some dhokla (gujrati dish), chocolate covered strawberries
- Mulberries fresh from the backyard
- Dinner: caesar salad with veganaise and siracha dressing
- a small tiny bite of the bread part of the cake (hubby insisted I help ‘finish’ his slice of cake)
Today was a long and tiring day. I started off the day rising at 5 AM (naturally). Blogging for an hour. Deciding to go back to sleep for 3-4 hours. It was Sunday – Sunday’s are meant to sleep in so it felt wrong to be awake so early. Upon rising, we went on a 2 hour afternoon hike. This was the most exhausting hike ever! I don’t know why I was extra tired today. I came home and relaxed a bit. Cleaned and organized a bit. Then went grocery and gift shopping. Then set up and organized for a surprise graduation party for one of my cousin-in-law. Then hanged out with them. She was thrilled at the surprise ❤ We hanged. Played with Mayhem. Went on another walk. Went to the backyard to enjoy some mulberries. Enjoyed the evening views. Took some pictures. Then I quickly fit in my today’s yoga session before the day ended. Had dinner. Cut the graduation cake. And finally I am in my bed exhausted more than ever and ready to call it a night.
Today I beat my old record of the most steps in one day during this 730 Day Challenge. Old record: 17,xxx ; New record: 19,215!!! Wow!
So currently –
- I’ve been consistent with my yoga practice for the past 34 days (yay!)
- I’ve managed to take an average of 10K steps/day since June 16th to present (even though 2 days (day 25 and day 26) I did not get close to 10K – if I average it throughout the days, it still works itself out :))
- And 3 consecutive weeks, we’ve gone on our weekly hike
Looking forward to continuing the detox and healing foods diet. Today I had to cheat a bit (still kept it mostly healthy… had other choices available but skipped on them: chips, queso, spring rolls, champagne, pizza, cake!!!! Wow, I skipped out on a lot. So that is huge progress. I am fully dedicated to this journey.
Thank you for following.