Today was my first day of the 3 day juice cleanse. I started the morning off with warm lemon water. I like to start off most of my mornings with warm lemon water, but especially on a 3 day juice cleanse.
A large cup of warm lemon water usually sustains me anywhere from 1-2.5 hours. So when doing a juice diet, when you’re not eating anything at all and only having juices, it helps to include lemon water in the diet. It not only saves you from making an additional juice, but it is one of the best additions to a healthy diet because of it’s many many health benefits.
Today’s first juice was nothing new. I drink fresh juice every morning and this mornings juice was no different. I will share some tips and variations on this juice combination/recipe, as i have a couple years experience with this recipe.
Ingredients (used today)
- 1 large orange
- About 1/6th of a lemon
- 1 inch of turmeric
- 1 inch of ginger
- 2 stalks of celery
- 2 small beets
- 1 large handful of baby carrots
- When I don’t have oranges at home, I sub apples
- You can add up to 1/4-1/2 of lemon in 1 glass of juice without it being too lemony
- Sometimes when I want a more sweeter taste, i skip the ginger and turmeric or use smaller pieces, especially if the ginger is organic.
- If I don’t have any one of the ingredients in this juice, i skip it and juice only the ones i do have
- Occasionally, if i have something else in my fridge that I am trying to use up that might go bad if I don’t use it soon, i also add that to this juice
- I usually use regular carrots, but I was trying to use up my baby carrots this morning 🙂
- This juice is great (with the orange) for anyone who is anemic or has low iron because beets are very high in iron
- Vitamin C helps the body to absorb iron, that’s why the combination of orange + beet is awesome!
Thanks for reading and stay tuned for more juice recipes.